London Hernia is the UK’s leading specialist hernia clinic. Our team of expert hernia consultants offer same day appointments and first class care in our state of the art facilities in St John’s Wood, just minutes from central London.
Hernia consultations, treatment and surgery are performed by our experienced Consultant Surgeons along side a dedicated nursing team. The team offer unrivalled experience in treating hernias, including complex cases.
London Hernia treats most hernia types, including:
- Hiatus – when the upper part of your stomach pushes up through your diaphragm and into your chest.
- Inguinal – the most common type of hernia. This usually happens when fatty tissue or a part of your bowel, such as the intestine, pokes through into your groin at the top of your inner thigh.
- Umbilical – this happens near your belly button and will appear as a painless lump. This type of hernia is very common in babies and young children, particularly in babies born prematurely.
- Femoral – this is a rare type of hernia and is much more common in women. It’s when when fatty tissue or a part of your bowel pokes through into your groin at the top of your inner thigh.
- Incisional – this is when tissue pokes through a surgical wound in your belly that hasn’t fully healed.
- Spigelian – is a less common hernia and will appear to the side and below your belly button. Like most hernias, this will be repaired with mesh.
- Epigastric – similar to an umbilical hernia, but it will appear higher up, between the breast and belly button .
London Hernia is part St John and St Elizabeth Hospital, one of the UK’s leading private hospitals – with an international reputation stretching back over 165 years. We offer expert treatment, using the latest repair techniques including open mesh repair, keyhole surgery (laparoscopic) and stitching.
Contact us today to by calling 020 3370 1014 or email [email protected]