Mukhtar Bizrah is a consultant cornea, refractive and cataract surgeon at the Western Eye Hospital, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust. He is also the unit training lead for ophthalmology. He is one of the few ophthalmic surgeons in the world who is board-certified in the UK, Canada and Europe:
- Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists (FCOphth, UK)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (FRCSC, Canada)
- Fellow of the European Board of Ophthalmology (FEBO, Europe)
- Certifcate in Laser & Refractive Surgery (CertLRS, Royal College of Ophthalmologists, UK)
Having completed his undergraduate medical degree at the University of London, Mr Bizrah then completed his core ophthalmology training at the London deanery. This included 2 years at the Western Eye Hospital and 2 years at Moorfields eye hospital.
Mr Bizrah completed advanced cornea and cataract surgery fellowships at two of the world’s most renowned eye institutions:
- Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust (London, UK)
- University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
Mr Bizrah is an expert in advanced refractive, cataract and corneal surgery.
Mr Bizrah also regularly performs all types of cornea transplant surgeries, including DMEK, DSAEK, DALK and penetrating keratoplasty. He is interested in complex cornea and cataract disorders, and provides second opinions on such cases.
Mukhtar has presented his research at numerous international conferences and peer-reviewed research articles. By 2020, he had won 25 awards and prizes on International, national and regional levels.
Mukhtar Bizrah is the founder & co-director of world-renowned London Eye Course, the largest ophthalmology revision course in Europe & North America. He is also the founder of the London laser and refractive surgery (LRS) course.
Mr Bizrah’s work has featured in international press as well as on television, such as CNN, ITV and CBS news.