Mr Akinfenwa has been a General Obstetrician and Gynaecologist with experience spanning over 30 years. He provides specialist services in general gynaecology, the use of the ultrasound in general diagnosis and also in fetal medicine.
Following his initial training as general gynaecologist he undertook a fellowship with the Fetal Medicine Foundation where he honed his skills in fetal medicine. Since his arrival at Homerton Hospital in October 2000, He has led the Fetal Medicine Services in the east end of London, where he is now a Preceptor for the training of Fetal Medicine doctors for the future. He continues to have a busy general obstetric practice that supports women through pregnancy and childbirth.
He is committed to offering patients rapid access to one-stop gynaecology services where he carries out ultrasound scans within the clinic setting. His scope of practice includes all aspects of general gynaecology, including the management of menstrual disorders as well as the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of generalised women’s health issues.
He is currently the Associate medical director for Women Services at the Homerton University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust where he oversees both women and neonatal services.
- General gynaecology
- Inflammatory diseases of the vulva, vagina, uterus, and pelvic inflammation
- Menstrual disorders: abnormal vaginal bleeding, dysmenorrhea, and pre-menstrual dysphoric disorder
- Pelvic pain disorders
- Early pregnancy: Miscarriage and early pregnancy disorders, ectopic pregnancy
- Obstetrics: High risk obstetrics & general pregnancy care, ultrasound assessment during pregnancy, hypertensive disorders of pregnancy diabetes in pregnancy, holistic pregnancy care
- Open operative general gynaecology