Mr Komath is a senior surgeon and Consultant in the speciality of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon dealing in management of diseases and injuries affecting the face, the head and neck working at Hospital of St Johns and St Elizabeth since 2016. He holds the post of a Clinical Director over 4 specialities at the Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust. He is a General Medical Council, UK registered specialist Maxillofacial Surgeon. He is the lead TMJ surgeon in the department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery and Orthodontics. Mr Komath is a member of the Royal Free skin cancer multidisciplinary team board. He is dually qualified in Dentistry and Medicine, having been trained at premier London teaching hospitals including Great Ormond Street Hospital for children, University College London Hospital and Northwick Park Hospital.
He specialises in the management of all aspects medical and surgical conditions affecting the face and neck. This includes facial injury, diseases of the mouth, salivary glands, jaw joints and developmental anomalies. His practice covers adults and children.
His areas of specialist interest include:
• TMJ surgery (open and keyhole surgery for jaw joint disease), TMJ replacement surgery
• Cosmetic facial surgery including genioplasty, rhinoplasty, pinnaplasty, blepharoplasty, browlift, face and neck lift
• Head and neck reconstruction following cancer and trauma
• Facial deformity surgery including double jaw surgery and post traumatic rhinoplasty
• Advanced Dental implant surgery
Mr Komath takes a keen interest in training and mentoring the next generation of surgeons. He is an examiner for University College London and has varied research interests and is well published.
Mr Komath works within a private MDT for skin cancer, TMJ disorders and Dental Implant surgery.